All advertising copy must be in the Dragon Con office by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the deadline day.
- Progress Report Deadline: Passed
- Program Book Deadline: Passed
- Gaming Guidebook Deadline: July 28, 2014
Discounts available for multiple publication purchases!
Please fill out the form below when reserving ad space in any of Dragon Con’s publications. Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or printed and mailed to the address below.
Payment is required with ad copy, on or before each deadline. We accept checks, money orders, and all major credit cards in US dollars ($) only. In rare instances, we will invoice on a net 30 days post-publication basis, please make any request to be billed post-publication no later than 10 business days before the published deadline. If a request is made, and not approved, payment must be received by published deadline in order for ad to be placed. DO NOT SEND CASH. Please make all checks and money orders out to: Dragon Con. Please direct all billing inquires to the Dragon Con office.
Please send all payments to the Dragon Con office:
Attention: Advertising 2014
PO Box 16459
Atlanta, GA 30321-0459
By Phone: 404-669-0773
Or by FAX: 404-669-0722
DEADLINES, RATES, & SPECS BY PUBLICATIONS
|Progress Report||Program Book||Gaming Guidebook|
|Deadline||Passed||Passed||July 28, 2014|
|Business Card||$150||Not Available||$150|
|Quarter Page||Not Available||$350||Not Available|
|Interior Front Cover|
|Interior Back Cover||$2795||$450|
|Exterior Back Cover||Not Available|
|Distribution||35,000-40,000||40,000-45,000||1,000 and available for download via our 2014 app|
|Business Card||2.25″w x 3.5″h OR
3.5″w x 2.25″h
|Not Available||2.25″w x 3.5″h OR
3.5″w x 2.25″h
|Quarter Page||Not Available||3.9375″w x 5.1875″h OR 7.875″w x 2.5″h||Not Available|
|Half Page||2.5″w x 8″h OR
5″w x 4″h
|3.9375″w x 10.375″h OR 7.875″w x 5.1875″h||2.5″w x 8″h OR
5″w x 4″h
|Full Page||5″w x 8″h||7.875″w x 10.375″h||5″w x 8″h|
|Interior Front Cover||6″w x 9″h||8.375″w x 10.875″h||5.5″w x 8.5″h|
|Interior Back Cover||6″w x 9″h||8.375″w x 10.875″h|
|Exterior Back Cover||Not Available||8.375″w x 10.875″h|
|Bleeds||Interior Covers: .25″; Interior Ads: No Bleeds|
|Live Area||No live matter is to be within .25″ of the trim edges of the page dimensions unless it is acceptable to bleed that matter. Not responsible for “live” material in bleed/crop area.|
|Interior Ads||Grayscale 300 dpi, or B&W, 133 line screen recommended (266 dpi), maximum density 280|
|Internal and External Covers||CMYK 300 dpi||CMYK 300 dpi||Grayscale 300 dpi, or B&W, 133 line screen recommended (266 dpi), maximum density 280|
|File Type||TIF or PDF format ONLY|
ELECTRONIC AD SUBMISSION
Advertisers may email their ads to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our Drop Box. For instructions on using our Drop Box account, please click here. NOTE: you will need a login and password which you may get by requesting it from Advertising or the Dragon Con office.
Each ad placed must be accompanied with hard copy proof by stated ad deadline. These materials can be faxed to the Dragon Con Office for black & white ads. To guarantee color accuracy in color ads, we must receive a color proof. Color proofs can be mailed to the Dragon Con Office, Attn: Advertising 2014, PO Box 16459, Atlanta, GA 30321-0459.
- ERRORS: The publisher is not responsible for errors resulting from illegible or incorrectly submitted copy. The publisher’s liability for any error shall not exceed the cost of the space occupied by that error. No credit will be issued for errors in ads or changes in ad copy after published deadline.
- RETURN PRIVILEGE: Except as otherwise specified in any ad, an advertiser must accept the return of any merchandise postmarked within 10 days of its receipt by a customer when returned in the same condition as received.
- P.O. BOX ADS are allowed, but the permanent home address or place of business of the advertiser must be filed with the publisher before advertisements may be printed.
- POLICY: Dragon Con reserves the right to keep this publication strictly industry-oriented. The publisher may refuse ads which do not relate to the sci-fi/fantasy community. Dragon Con assumes no responsibility for misprints or claims and actions by advertisers. All rates contained in this rate card are subject to change without notice.
- PHONE ADS: Ad copy or changes to ad copy are not accepted over the phone. (Besides being expensive and time-consuming, errors in the ad copy tend to occur when dictation is taken over the phone.)
- PREPRINTED INSERTS are not available in Dragon Con publications at this time.
- DESIGN SERVICES are not available at this time.
- RETURNING ART WORK: When artwork, CDs or photos are requested to be returned, please specify at time of placement, and enclose a SASE capable of containing your materials with your request, otherwise all material will be recycled.
- ADVERTISING AGENCIES: There are no special discounts granted for ad agencies.
- CAMERA-READY ads do not qualify for any additional discount.
- PLACEMENT: Advertisers are urged to specify the classification location for their ad(s). The publisher will have final authority on placement of ads. Requests should be made in writing. Placement not guaranteed.
- REPUBLISHING RIGHTS: As a condition of advertising in a Dragon Con publication, Dragon Con retains the right to republish all material submitted for advertisements in whatever manner it chooses.
All advertisers are responsible for understanding and following our standard advertising policies.